Tuesday 27 October 2009

Transforming Stonehouse - With Experiance

Hi again, well what did I do today... to be honest, not a great deal. I went down to Stonehouse to actually get a feel of it and to do some plotting on a map. My plotting involved me looking at the flow of traffic and determining which roads were busier. Whilst I was in Stonehouse I thought I would go and have a look in ALDI (First time for everything) I didn't think much of ALDI, until I stumbled across a WACOM Graphics Tablet for under £40 (Not a bad price), so I got my self one and as I left the shop, I realised just how busy some of the roads were and how noisy the traffic was and it got me thinking of the map again. I decided to add more information on to it i.e how did the roads in a given area differ from peak time traffic and off peak traffic... and guess what... Union street got busier but the back streets pretty much stayed the same also I decided to throw another aspect into the maps and that was the noise of the area at a given time(well how noisy I thought it was). I have added a few images to try and clarify what I have said.

This is the map (with my markings):


The image below is how the map looks with just my markings:
Annotations:

No comments:

Post a Comment