Friday 23 October 2009

The Social Media

Hello I again have not really got a clue what I am supposed to do here due to not actually starting the course until after this lecture had taken place so let me get started with what I think social is in a media sense.

How I see it social in the media sense is a collection of different types of media formats such as video (YouTube) where people can share their thoughts with other people around the world and in a sense have a social connection with someone maybe sitting 3000 miles away.

There are many different platforms that we can use to be sociable with other people such as Facebook and as previously mentioned YouTube, these are just different platforms in promoting social media.

I myself am not a great fan of social media, I feel that we are loosing our own identities within the realms of Facebook and Myspace, as we can become who we desire to be and also what is sociable about been sat in front of a computer by yourself?

Here is a Mind Map of Social Media:

No comments:

Post a Comment